Reasons for installing a Carbon Monoxide Detector for home and personal safety

Carbon monoxide is one of the most harmful gases that can cause deadly harm to people living in close proximity to it. It is released upon burning things and especially in cases, when fuels are not burnt completely. Unfortunately, all of us live in close proximity to carbon monoxide and any amount of carelessness regarding it can prove to be regretful later.

 

Burning of wood, coal, propane, natural gas, gasoline, and heating oil discharge Carbon Monoxide in large quantities. Luckily, Carbon Monoxide is only lethal when people are exposed to it in heavy amounts, but unluckily, there’s no way to know the poison is spreading in the house until it is too late because of the gas’s odourless and colourless properties.

 

Allow us to correct ourselves, there is one way to keep this silent killer at bay and keep yourself and your beloved family safe and sound; by installing a Carbon Monoxide Detector at home. If these reasons are not enough, then here are some more:

 

It Causes Sickness:

Even if you believe that you’ll never let the gas spread to dangerous levels, even a small amount of it can cause sickness around the house. Nausea, blurry visions, vomiting, seizures, hearing loss and even cardiac arrest can occur due to constant ingesting of Carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide detectors and its sensors are so strong that even the small amount of release can warn you and let you know of the danger that needs to be fixed.

 

Carbon monoxide detector can warn when it’s time to flee the house:

When we leave house for a couple of days and come back, you never know if the house might have had lethal carbon monoxide spreading in the air. It is one of the most common ways in which the gas kills people. But when the Carbon monoxide detector is fixed and the alarm is shrilling, you know it’s’ time to flee the house until the gas is aired out of the house.

 

The Detector Stays Alert When You Are Sleeping:

Not that carbon monoxide can only be detected in bright daylight, but sleeping makes us even more vulnerable and is our blind spot. Carbon Monoxide earned its nickname for the very same reason. The Silent Killer gas can spread in the middle of the night when everyone is sleeping and heavy exposure can drift the sleepers into unconsciousness and eventually death. The detector however, can detect the gas as soon as it starts releasing and wake up the household so that windows and doors can be opened to drive the gas out.

 

It Covers The Entire House:

It is not just the kitchen that is the danger area and keeping the kitchen safe does not really mean you are free from danger. Carbon Monoxide detectors are placed all over the house even if the house is huge, on several yards, so that no matter which part of the house is being filled with the deadly gas, the residents will be warned instantly.

 

Carbon Monoxide is a serious threat to the people working in a commercial building or a family living in the safe confines of the house. This gas is risky and can betray anyone with its silent steps. It is important to not only install the detector in various parts of the house but also to only trust professional installers like Eagle Security Solutions to do the job.

Comments are closed

Terms  & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Site Map | Job Vacancies      © 2016 Eagle Security Solutions Ltd. All Rights Reserved.    Registered in England No: 4395406.  Registered Address: 162 Trafalgar Road, London SE10 9TZ