SMD-426 PG2 is a fully supervised wireless photoelectric smoke detector that is compatible with PowerMaster® wireless alarm systems. Designed for a wide range of residential and commercial applications, the easily installed smoke detector has a streamlined design and an extended battery life for easy and low-cost maintenance.
With superior smoke detection sensitivity levels, SMD-426 PG2 provides an early warning of developing fires. When smoke is detected, the detector issues both sound and transmitted alarms. To ensure highly reliable communication, SMD-426 PG2 uses Visonic’s ground-breaking PowerG technology which combines several field-proven advanced technologies and the highly reliable AES encryption method. This combination of technologies delivers unmatched advantages for professional installers, central monitoring stations and end-users alike.
SMD-426 PG2 complies with the strictest international certifications for safety products in Europe, and is designed to comply also with UL 268.
SMD-426 PG2 Features:
- Longer battery life for 5-8 years (in typical use, according to battery type)
- Provides sound and transmitted alerts (for smoke, tamper, low battery)
- Loud (85db) alarm sound at 3m (10ft)
- Transmission range is far greater than the industry standard – enabling repeater-free installations even in large premises
- Visible signal quality indication shown on the device
- PowerG two-way Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum FHSS-TDMA technology – provides robustness and reliability closer than ever to wired intrusion alarm systems
- Employs the proven AES-128 (128 bit key) advanced encryption algorithm for correct message identification and protects the alarm system from code grabbing and other attacks
- Continuously measures communication quality and automatically sets transmission power to the minimum required for reliable communication
- Configured from the panel – no hardware switches and no need to re-open the detector once closed
- Audio and visual sensitivity degradation indicators notify when the sensor needs to be cleaned
- Simple wall or ceiling installation, with bracket
- Back tamper
- Fully certified by the most strict and demanding international standards for safety products in Europe (EN 14604 and EN 54-7 for smoke detectors) and is designed to comply also with UL 268